Релизер
Релизер

[MacOS] Baldur's Gate 3 GOG

Post by jasminfever »

M4ttiA
Mini-Hunter

Post by M4ttiA »

Anyone having Baldur's Gate 3 taking up 100gb of ram and not responding when clicking play in the launcher? I’m using the latest version.
themackins
Mini-Hunter

Post by themackins »

M4ttiA wrote: 31 Dec 2023, 22:36 Anyone having Baldur's Gate 3 taking up 100gb of ram and not responding when clicking play in the launcher? I’m using the latest version.
Yea... for some reason the latest build just does not want to work for me. Completely removed absolutely everything related for a clean install (multiple times), all saves/mods/caches/hidden preference files etc. - no dice.

I keep getting this error "Failed to load the main menu from the current game mod"... even on a fresh install, with no saves and no mods or anything. No idea what's going on there. Reported it to Larian, but just gonna revert to older version for now. Was working fine, especially after I fixed my save on a Windows machine with the ScriptExtender.

Errmoix
Mini-Hunter

Post by Errmoix »

M4ttiA wrote: 31 Dec 2023, 22:36 Anyone having Baldur's Gate 3 taking up 100gb of ram and not responding when clicking play in the launcher? I’m using the latest version.
Same sceneario here. I always make a clean install removing preference files, etc.. with the previous builds since patch 3 no problems. But with this latest 4.1.1.4251417 it crush with the memory issue.
I will wait for a future hotfix build.
Acquaint9987
Mini-Hunter

Post by Acquaint9987 »

Nivo7 wrote: ↑07 Dec 2023, 11:16
Sounds like the textures weren't fully installed - BG3 is pretty big for average Mac storage so it's advisable to have an external hard drive or clear up whatever space you need. That does mean you'll probs have to reinstall - might be worth waiting for the patch 5 release for Mac coming (hopefully) in the near future. Otherwise you'll only end up re-installing *that* too when it comes around - but I wouldn't blame you for wanting to start sooner rather than later.
I can confirm this, when I installed on my local drive, I got the same indications. Once I installed it on an external drive, worked perfectly... Other than a few known bugs.
jsr35
Mini-Hunter

Post by jsr35 »

thetorrwerra wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 00:32 Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've been trying for days on my Mac M1 Sonoma, which is brand new. Never had a BG3 install, but keeps getting the above error. Been trying out all the suggestions I could find online, like deleting the modsettings.lsx, but it still continues. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Any help? Do I have to download an earlier version? Using the latest v3956130.
I've got the exact same issue with the latest upload, ever figure it out?
flowdan_jungle05
Mini-Hunter

Post by flowdan_jungle05 »

Hoping for an update here - haven't gotten build 4.1.1.4251417 to work and 4.1.1.4216792 doesn't seem to work either. M1 Pro MBP
Acquaint9987
Mini-Hunter

Post by Acquaint9987 »

thetorrwerra wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 00:32 Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've been trying for days on my Mac M1 Sonoma, which is brand new. Never had a BG3 install, but keeps getting the above error. Been trying out all the suggestions I could find online, like deleting the modsettings.lsx, but it still continues. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Any help? Do I have to download an earlier version? Using the latest v3956130.
So what ended up working for me was installing the mod, "Party Limit Be Gone". Just make sure it's in the game package mod folder and not the documents mod folder.
zorglub8778
Релизер
Релизер

Post by zorglub8778 »

jsr35
Mini-Hunter

Post by jsr35 »

The latest version posted by Zorglub8778 works fine for me, I no longer have the 'Failed to load main menu from the current game mod' error
Hil-cox
Mini-Hunter

Post by Hil-cox »

Hi,

Got some issue on my macbook pro. just downloaded the latest version on 1fichier and I'm not able to instal it (kinda new on mac)

It opens with the diskimageMounter but everytime I clic on anything I got the textedit who opens any help will be perfect.
redlighting
Mini-Hunter

Post by redlighting »

Its worth to try this on older (2016) Macbook Pro with Intel CPU? will it work?
Nighted
Спонсор
Спонсор

Post by Nighted »

redlighting wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 00:01 Its worth to try this on older (2016) Macbook Pro with Intel CPU? will it work?
I"m not a Mac guy but I'm sure your hardware is similar to Win/Linux users.

Here are the minimal specs according to the Balder's Gate 3 page on GOG:

Intel I5 4690 / AMD FX 8350
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 970 / RX 480 (4GB+ of VRAM)
DirectX 11
150 GB available space
SSD required

Mac OS X (12+)
No more Mac updates. No one is hitting the links. Not wasting my time anymore. I'll post new stuff but beyond that you're on your own. Good Luck! :good:

Torrminatorr IRC: irc.zeronode.net/torrminatorr -or- KiwiIRC
macquorra
Модератор
Модератор

Post by macquorra »

redlighting wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 00:01 Its worth to try this on older (2016) Macbook Pro with Intel CPU? will it work?
Worth it, but I would say a bigger GPU is needed.. Like if you have the 15-inch model with one for these.. 2 GB GDDR5 (Radeon Pro 450 and 455), 4 GB GDDR5 (Radeon Pro 460), up to 1.5 GB shared from main memory (Intel HD Graphics)
It's not a lightweight game, but like many other games it should be playable with low settings. I would say M1 is the limit to have nice graffics and good experience with it :)
GOG .pkg-Installer Error?? TAKE THIS
Thanks everyone contributed and coded this!
cashflower
Mini-Hunter

Post by cashflower »

I had been playing BG3 since patch 6 (then 7 or 8, aint remember), and to be honest, after full release, it was much better, smooth.
but-> first act, second act without any problem with almost lowest settings + third lowest resolution (it means, still playable and fully recognizable of objects, text, etc); first bigger problems (delays, lags, ..) started somewhere after the middle of the third (this is the last one) act because of bugs, so I uninstalled it two/three months ago (to lower the settings or res. it would be unreadable for me = wouldn't be enjoyable at all -> I tried it), once Larian fix those bugs (what I know so far, they are putting a lot of effort on it, more than for a new DLC), I believe it would be smooth once again (as I mentioned, I've seen it during those patches vs. full release; when during any of those patches first act was buggy with many lags, after full release it was smooth (I didn't even have to use the lowest settings to be smooth + fourth/fifth lowest res. in this first act)).

Played on:
MacBook Pro; 13-inch; 2017; 2,3GHz IC i5; Intel Iris Plus 640 1536MB; 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD; Ventura (this Mac can't be upgraded to Sonora).

*yep of course, to have sth. better than Iris graphic would be a game changer, but to experience BG3 its IMO enough.
Masakachi
Mini-Hunter

Post by Masakachi »

Guys 2 questions:
1) I am not able to resume download after i pause, do u have solution for that?
2) Is there a speed limit when downloading from this site? i got max 3MB/sec.
 i Message from: Nighted
Try using JDownloader. Might not improve speed but you will get your files. Sometimes 1fichier will pause a download when a limit has been reached and there will be a timeout. JDownloader will automatically resume downloading when the file server quota resets.
Errmoix
Mini-Hunter

Post by Errmoix »

As Nighted says.. use Jdownloader. With it I get a speed limit of 5MB/sec. But it ends up finishing with no problem (after some hours though :D )
Masakachi
Mini-Hunter

Post by Masakachi »

Thank You a lot.

JDownloader works perfectly.

I downloaded the file, but how can i install it?

Usually, i put .dmg file into Aplications folder. But inside this file are many another files like .pkg
I managed to install .pkg file with my language package, but game doesnt start.

Sorry, am new to Mac OS :-)
ASIII
Mini-Hunter

Post by ASIII »

Hotfix #20 v4.1.1.4854838 was released for mac yesterday, how long does it usually take for updates to be added?
aiddee
Mini-Hunter

Post by aiddee »

zorglub8778, downloaded and installed the game through your link - it is stuck on 100%
Any tips?
zorglub8778
Релизер
Релизер

Post by zorglub8778 »